Section 4747.06 | License renewal - continuing education.
(A) (1) Except as provided in division (A)(2) of this section and section 4747.12 of the Revised Code, a hearing aid dealer's or fitter's license issued or renewed by the state speech and hearing professionals board under this chapter shall be renewed biennially not later than the thirty-first day of December in each even-numbered year and in accordance with the standard renewal procedure specified in Chapter 4745. of the Revised Code. The board shall issue to each applicant, on receipt of a renewal application, proof of completion of the continuing education required by division (B) of this section, payment of a renewal fee, and, if applicable, a late fee established by the board in rules adopted under section 4747.04 of the Revised Code, a renewed hearing aid dealer's or fitter's license. No person who applies for renewal of a hearing aid dealer's or fitter's license that has expired shall be required to take any examination as a condition of renewal provided application for renewal is made within two years of the date such license expired.
(2) A person issued a license described in division (C)(2) of section 4747.05 of the Revised Code shall renew that license in accordance with the standard renewal procedure before it expires as described in that division. After the first renewal, the license shall be renewed in accordance with division (A)(1) of this section.
(B) Each person engaged in the practice of dealing in or fitting of hearing aids who holds a valid hearing aid dealer's or fitter's license shall complete not less than twenty hours of continuing professional education approved by the board during each two-year period. On a form provided by the board, the person shall certify to the board, at the time of license renewal pursuant to division (A) of this section, that the person has completed continuing education in compliance with this division and shall submit any additional information required by rule of the board regarding the continuing education. The board shall adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code establishing the standards continuing education programs must meet to obtain board approval and continuing education reporting requirements.
Continuing education may be applied to meet the requirement of this division if it is provided or certified by any of the following:
(1) The international hearing society;
(2) The American speech-language hearing association;
(3) The American academy of audiology.
The board may excuse persons licensed under this chapter, as a group or as individuals, from all or any part of the requirements of this division because of an unusual circumstance, emergency, or special hardship.
Available Versions of this Section
- June 26, 2003 – House Bill 95 - 125th General Assembly [ View June 26, 2003 Version ]
- January 21, 2018 – Amended by House Bill 49 - 132nd General Assembly [ View January 21, 2018 Version ]
- April 5, 2019 – Amended by House Bill 420 - 132nd General Assembly [ View April 5, 2019 Version ]