Section 4751.021 | Fiscal agent.
(A) The board of executives of long-term services and supports shall enter into a written agreement with the department of aging for the department to serve as the board's fiscal agent. The fiscal agent shall be responsible for all the board's fiscal matters and financial transactions, as specified in the agreement. The written agreement shall specify the fees that the board shall pay to the fiscal agent for services performed under the agreement, and such fees shall be in proportion to the services performed for the board.
(1) The agreement shall require the fiscal agent to provide the following services:
(a) Preparation and processing of payroll and other personnel documents that the board approves;
(b) Maintenance of ledgers of accounts and reports of account balances, and monitoring of budgets and allotment plans in consultation with the board;
(c) Performance of other routine support services, specified in the agreement, that the fiscal agent considers appropriate to achieve efficiency.
(2) The agreement may require the fiscal agent to provide the following services:
(a) Any shared services between the board and the fiscal agent;
(b) Any other services agreed to by the board and the department, including administrative or technical services.
(B) The board, in conjunction and consultation with the fiscal agent, has the following authority and responsibility relative to fiscal matters:
(1) Sole authority to expend funds from the board's accounts for programs and any other necessary expenses the board may incur;
(2) Responsibility to cooperate with and inform the fiscal agent fully of all financial transactions.
(C) The board shall follow all state procurement, fiscal, human resources, information technology, statutory, and administrative rule requirements.
(D) In its role as fiscal agent for the board, the department shall serve as a contractor of the board, and does not assume responsibility for the debts or fiscal obligations of the board.
Available Versions of this Section
- October 17, 2019 – House Bill 166 - 133rd General Assembly [ View October 17, 2019 Version ]