Section 4755.04 | Occupational therapist definitions.
(A) "Occupational therapy" means the therapeutic use of everyday life activities or occupations with individuals or groups for the purpose of participation in roles and situations in the home, school, workplace, community, and other settings. The practice of occupational therapy includes all of the following:
(1) Methods or strategies selected to direct the process of interventions, including, but not limited to, establishment, remediation, or restoration of a skill or ability that has not yet developed or is impaired and compensation, modification, or adaptation of activity or environment to enhance performance;
(2) Evaluation of factors affecting activities of daily living, instrumental activities of daily living, education, work, play, leisure, and social participation, including, but not limited to, sensory motor abilities, vision, perception, cognition, psychosocial, and communication and interaction skills;
(3) Interventions and procedures to promote or enhance safety and performance in activities of daily living, education, work, play, leisure, and social participation, including, but not limited to, application of physical agent modalities, use of a range of specific therapeutic procedures to enhance performance skills, rehabilitation of driving skills to facilitate community mobility, and management of feeding, eating, and swallowing to enable eating and feeding performance;
(4) Consultative services, case management, and education of patients, clients, or other individuals to promote self-management, home management, and community and work reintegration;
(5) Designing, fabricating, applying, recommending, and instructing in the use of selected orthotic or prosthetic devices and other equipment which assists the individual to adapt to the individual's potential or actual impairment;
(6) Administration of topical drugs that have been prescribed by a licensed health professional authorized to prescribe drugs, as defined in section 4729.01 of the Revised Code.
(B) "Occupational therapist" means a person who is licensed to practice occupational therapy and who offers such services to the public under any title incorporating the words "occupational therapy," "occupational therapist," or any similar title or description of services.
(C) "Occupational therapy assistant" means a person who holds a license to provide occupational therapy techniques under the general supervision of an occupational therapist.
Last updated August 18, 2021 at 2:17 PM