Section 4755.53 | Continuing education - granting units.
(A) Subject to division (B) of this section, the physical therapy section of the Ohio occupational therapy, physical therapy, and athletic trainers board shall grant continuing education units to a licensed physical therapist or physical therapist assistant as follows:
(1) For completing an approved continuing education course, program, or activity, one unit for each hour of instruction received;
(2) For teaching as a faculty member of an institution of higher education a course that is part of the curriculum of the institution, one-half unit for each semester hour of the course, or an equivalent portion of a unit, as determined by the section, for each quarter or trimester hour of the course;
(3) For teaching an approved course that is part of the curriculum of an institution of higher education other than as a faculty member, one unit for each hour of teaching the course;
(4) For teaching an approved course, program, or activity, other than a course that is part of the curriculum of an institution of higher education, three units for each hour of teaching the course, program, or activity the first time and one-half unit for each hour of teaching the course, program, or activity any time after the first time;
(5) For authoring a published article or book, up to ten units as determined by the physical therapy section.
(B) The physical therapy section shall grant no more than twelve units of continuing education for teaching during a biennial renewal period.
(C) The physical therapy section may contract with the Ohio chapter of the American physical therapy association for assistance in performance of the section's duties under this section.
Available Versions of this Section
- April 16, 1993 – Senate Bill 124, 119th General Assembly [ View April 16, 1993 Version ]