Section 4755.622 | Athletic trainers' practice without collaboration agreements.
(A) As used in this section, "athletic injury" means any injury sustained by an individual that affects the individual's participation or performance in sports, games, recreation, exercise, or other activity that requires physical strength, agility, flexibility, speed, stamina, or range of motion.
(B) Subject to section 4755.623 of the Revised Code, in the event a person licensed as an athletic trainer pursuant to this chapter does not enter into a collaboration agreement with one or more physicians as described in division (B) of section 4755.621 of the Revised Code, the person is authorized to engage only in the following activities:
(1) The practice of prevention, recognition, and assessment of an athletic injury;
(2) The complete management, treatment, disposition, and reconditioning of acute athletic injuries;
(3) The administration of topical drugs that have been prescribed by a licensed health professional authorized to prescribe drugs;
(4) The organization and administration of educational programs and athletic facilities;
(5) The education of and consulting with the public as it pertains to athletic training.
Last updated November 8, 2021 at 11:42 AM
Available Versions of this Section
- January 27, 2022 – Enacted by House Bill 176 - 134th General Assembly [ View January 27, 2022 Version ]