Skip to main content
Back To Top Top Back To Top
The Legislative Service Commission staff updates the Revised Code on an ongoing basis, as it completes its act review of enacted legislation. Updates may be slower during some times of the year, depending on the volume of enacted legislation.

Section 4757.18 | Reciprocity.

You are viewing a past version of this section that is no longer in effect View Current Version

The counselor, social worker, and marriage and family therapist board may enter into a reciprocal agreement with any state that regulates individuals practicing in the same capacities as those regulated under this chapter if the board finds that the state has requirements substantially equivalent to the requirements this state has for receipt of a license or certificate of registration under this chapter. In a reciprocal agreement, the board agrees to issue the appropriate license or certificate of registration to any resident of the other state whose practice is currently authorized by that state if that state's regulatory body agrees to authorize the appropriate practice of any resident of this state who holds a valid license or certificate of registration issued under this chapter.

The professional standards committees of the board may, by endorsement, issue the appropriate license or certificate of registration to a resident of a state with which the board does not have a reciprocal agreement, if the person submits proof satisfactory to the committee of currently being licensed, certified, registered, or otherwise authorized to practice by that state.

Available Versions of this Section