Section 4758.56 | Authority of counselor III license holder.
(A) In addition to practicing chemical dependency counseling, an individual holding a valid chemical dependency counselor III license may do all of the following:
(1) Diagnose chemical dependency conditions under the supervision of any of the professionals listed in section 4758.561 of the Revised Code;
(2) Treat chemical dependency conditions;
(3) Perform treatment planning, assessment, crisis intervention, individual and group counseling, case management, and education services as they relate to abuse of and dependency on alcohol and other drugs;
(4) Provide clinical supervision of chemical dependency counseling under the supervision of any of the professionals listed in section 4758.561 of the Revised Code;
(5) Refer individuals with nonchemical dependency conditions to appropriate sources of help.
(B) A chemical dependency counselor III may not practice as an individual practitioner.
Available Versions of this Section
- March 22, 2013 – House Bill 284 - 129th General Assembly [ View March 22, 2013 Version ]