Section 4765.07 | Administrative rules for grant program.
(A) The state board of emergency medical, fire, and transportation services shall adopt rules under section 4765.11 of the Revised Code to establish and administer a grant program under which grants are distributed according to the following priorities:
(1) First priority shall be given to emergency medical service organizations for the training of personnel, for the purchase of equipment and vehicles, and to improve the availability, accessibility, and quality of emergency medical services in this state. In this category, the board shall give priority to grants that fund training and equipping of emergency medical service personnel.
(2) Second priority shall be given to entities that research, test, and evaluate medical procedures and systems related to adult and pediatric trauma care.
(3) Third priority shall be given to entities that research the causes, nature, and effects of traumatic injuries, educate the public about injury prevention, and implement, test, and evaluate injury prevention strategies.
(4) Fourth priority shall be given to entities that research, test, and evaluate procedures that promote the rehabilitation, retraining, and reemployment of adult or pediatric trauma victims and social service support mechanisms for adult or pediatric trauma victims and their families.
(5) Fifth priority shall be given to entities that conduct research on, test, or evaluate one or more of the following:
(a) Procedures governing the performance of emergency medical services in this state;
(b) The training of emergency medical service personnel;
(c) The staffing of emergency medical service organizations.
(6) For grants distributed for the grant award years occurring not later than the award year ending June 30, 2017, sixth priority shall be given to entities that operate paramedic training programs and are seeking national accreditation of the programs.
(B) To be eligible for a grant distributed pursuant to division (A)(6) of this section, an applicant for the grant shall meet all of the following conditions:
(1) Hold a certificate of accreditation issued by the board under section 4765.17 of the Revised Code to operate a paramedic training program;
(2) Be seeking initial national accreditation of the program from an accrediting organization approved by the board;
(3) Apply for the national accreditation on or after February 25, 2010.
(C) The grant program shall be funded from the trauma and emergency medical services fund created by section 4513.263 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- July 1, 2013 – House Bill 51 - 130th General Assembly [ View July 1, 2013 Version ]