Section 4765.45 | Reports to department of health.
( A) If the department of public safety collects any of the following information regarding the administration of naloxone by emergency medical service personnel or any firefighter or volunteer firefighter, the department of public safety shall report the information for the previous month to the department of health on a monthly basis and in a manner prescribed by the department of health:
(1) The five-digit postal zip code plus four-digit add-on where the naloxone was administered;
(2) The date on which the naloxone was administered;
(3) The number of doses administered;
(4) The name of the emergency medical service organization or fire department that administered the naloxone;
(5) Whether or not an overdose was reversed;
(6) Whether the individual to whom naloxone was administered was taken to a hospital;
(7) If known, the individual's age;
(8) If known, the United States postal zip code in which the individual resides.
When reporting to the department of health, the department of public safety shall not include any information that identifies or tends to identify specific individuals to whom naloxone was administered.
(B) Each month, the department of health shall compile the information received under division (A) of this section, organize it by county, and forward it to each board of alcohol, drug addiction, and mental health services in this state.
(C) The department of health may adopt rules as necessary to implement this section. The rules shall be adopted in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- March 20, 2019 – Enacted by Senate Bill 119, 132nd General Assembly [ View March 20, 2019 Version ]