Section 4766.14 | Ambulette service provider duties - drivers.
(A) An ambulette service provider described in division (M) or (N) of section 4766.09 of the Revised Code or the entity responsible for a vehicle described in division (O) of section 4766.09 of the Revised Code that provides ambulette services shall do all of the following:
(1) Make available to all its ambulette drivers while operating ambulette vehicles a means of two-way communication using either ambulette vehicle radios or cellular telephones;
(2) Equip every ambulette vehicle with one isolation and biohazard disposal kit that is permanently installed or secured in the vehicle's cabin;
(3) Before hiring an applicant for employment as an ambulette driver, obtain all of the following:
(a) A valid copy of a signed statement from a licensed physician acting within the scope of the physician's practice declaring that the applicant does not have a medical condition or physical condition, including vision impairment that cannot be corrected, that could interfere with safe driving, passenger assistance, and emergency treatment activity or could jeopardize the health and welfare of a client or the general public;
(b) All of the certificates and results required under divisions (A)(2), (3), and (4) of section 4766.15 of the Revised Code.
(B) No ambulette service provider described in division (M) or the (N) of section 4766.09 of the Revised Code or entity responsible for a vehicle described in division (O) of section 4766.09 of the Revised Code that provides ambulette services shall employ an applicant as an ambulette driver if the applicant has six or more points on the applicant's driving record pursuant to section 4510.036 of the Revised Code.
(C)(1) Except as provided in division (C)(2) of this section, the department of aging shall administer and enforce this section.
(2) The department of transportation shall administer and enforce this section as it applies to entities described in division (M) of section 4766.09 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- April 14, 2006 – Senate Bill 87 - 126th General Assembly [ View April 14, 2006 Version ]