Section 4767.06 | Duties of commission.
The Ohio cemetery dispute resolution commission shall perform all of the following duties:
(A) Adopt, amend, and rescind such rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code as are necessary in carrying out sections 4767.02 to 4767.11 of the Revised Code, including rules relative to the following:
(1) Transacting the commission's business and managing its affairs;
(2) Establishing procedures for receiving, reviewing, and responding to complaints filed pursuant to section 4767.07 of the Revised Code;
(3) Conducting investigations in response to complaints filed pursuant to division (A) of section 4767.07 of the Revised Code;
(4) Resolving complaints by using informal techniques of mediation, conciliation, and persuasion, including requiring the parties involved in a complaint to be given prompt notice of any offers to resolve disputes and responses thereto;
(5) Advising all parties making a complaint, or who are the subject of a complaint, of any recommendations or findings of fact made by the commission with respect to the complaint;
(6) Requesting the party who has filed a complaint or is the subject of a complaint, and is affected by recommendations of the commission made with respect to the complaint, to notify the commission within a time specified by the commission of any action the party has taken in response to the commission's recommendations;
(7) Conducting nonpublic hearings and maintaining commission proceedings and records as confidential, notwithstanding sections 121.22 and 149.43 of the Revised Code when the commission determines that the nature of the complaints merits that action;
(8) Determining the method to be used in serving notices as required by section 4767.07 of the Revised Code ;
(10) Establishing procedures for registrations and renewals.
(B) Publicize information concerning the existence and duties of the commission and the procedure for filing complaints pursuant to section 4767.07 of the Revised Code;
(C) Conduct hearings on complaints pursuant to section 4767.07 of the Revised Code;
(D) Submit at least annually by the thirty-first day of March a report on the commission's activities of the immediately preceding calendar year to the governor and the majority and minority leaders of the senate and house of representatives. The report shall indicate the total number of complaints received, initiated, and investigated under sections 4767.07 and 4767.08 of the Revised Code; the total number of complaints for which hearings were held; and the total number of referrals made to prosecuting attorneys, the attorney general, and the real estate commission pursuant to section 4767.08 of the Revised Code.
(E) Review, at least once each year, all actions taken by the prosecuting attorneys, the attorney general, and the real estate commission in response to referrals made to them by the cemetery dispute resolution commission or by the superintendent of the division of real estate in the department of commerce. The commission shall include in the report required in division (D) of this section information regarding the nature of the inappropriate conduct alleged in each referral and the status or disposition made of each referral occurring during the preceding two years.
(F) Perform all functions as are necessary in administering and enforcing sections 4767.05 to 4767.08 of the Revised Code, including the rendering of all advice necessary under divisions (B)(8) to (10) of section 4767.02 of the Revised Code;
(G) Review all proposed transfers that would transfer substantially all of the assets or stock of a cemetery, require an audit of the cemetery's funds on deposit under sections 1721.21 and 1721.211 of the Revised Code, and formulate an agreed plan pursuant to which the buyer and the seller of the cemetery will cause those funds to be properly funded;
(H) Adopt and publish suggested maintenance guidelines for all cemeteries registered in the state of Ohio under Chapter 4767. of the Revised Code.