Section 4774.03 | Application for license - eligibility - review.
(A) An individual seeking a license to practice as a radiologist assistant shall file with the state medical board a written application on a form prescribed and supplied by the board. The application shall include all the information the board considers necessary to process the application, including evidence satisfactory to the board that the applicant meets the requirements specified in division (B) of this section.
At the time an application is submitted, the applicant shall pay the board the application fee specified by the board in rules adopted under section 4774.11 of the Revised Code. No part of the fee shall be returned.
(B) To be eligible to receive a license to practice as a radiologist assistant, an applicant shall meet all of the following requirements:
(1) Be at least eighteen years of age;
(2) Hold a current, valid license as a radiographer under Chapter 4773. of the Revised Code;
(3) Have attained a baccalaureate degree or postbaccalaureate certificate from an advanced academic program encompassing a nationally recognized radiologist assistant curriculum that includes a radiologist-directed clinical preceptorship;
(4) Hold current certification as a registered radiologist assistant from the American registry of radiologic technologists and have attained the certification by meeting the standard certification requirements established by the registry, including the registry's requirements for documenting clinical education in the form of a clinical portfolio and passing an examination to determine competence to practice;
(5) Hold current certification in advanced cardiac life support.
(C) The board shall review all applications received under this section. Not later than sixty days after receiving an application the board considers to be complete, the board shall determine whether the applicant meets the requirements to receive a license to practice as a radiologist assistant.
Last updated March 3, 2023 at 12:10 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- September 11, 2008 – Senate Bill 229 - 127th General Assembly [ View September 11, 2008 Version ]
- October 17, 2019 – Amended by House Bill 166 - 133rd General Assembly [ View October 17, 2019 Version ]
- October 9, 2021 – Amended by House Bill 263 - 133rd General Assembly [ View October 9, 2021 Version ]
- December 29, 2023 – Amended by Senate Bill 131 - 134th General Assembly [ View December 29, 2023 Version ]