Section 4778.03 | Application for license.
(A) An individual seeking a license to practice as a genetic counselor shall file with the state medical board an application in a manner prescribed by the board. The application shall include all the information the board considers necessary to process the application, including evidence satisfactory to the board that the applicant meets the requirements specified in division (B) of this section.
At the time an application is submitted, the applicant shall pay the board an application fee of two hundred dollars. No part of the fee shall be returned to the applicant or transferred for purposes of another application.
(B) To be eligible to receive a license to practice as a genetic counselor, an applicant shall demonstrate to the board that the applicant meets all of the following requirements:
(1) Is at least eighteen years of age;
(2) Has attained a master's degree or higher degree from a genetic counseling graduate program accredited by the American board of genetic counseling, inc.;
(3) Is a certified genetic counselor;
(4) Has satisfied any other requirements established by the board in rules adopted under section 4778.12 of the Revised Code.
(C) The board shall review all applications received under this section. Not later than sixty days after receiving an application it considers complete, the board shall determine whether the applicant meets the requirements for a license to practice as a genetic counselor.
Last updated October 9, 2021 at 5:39 AM
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2013 – House Bill 59 - 130th General Assembly [ View September 29, 2013 Version ]
- October 17, 2019 – Amended by House Bill 166 - 133rd General Assembly [ View October 17, 2019 Version ]
- October 9, 2021 – Amended by House Bill 263 - 133rd General Assembly [ View October 9, 2021 Version ]