Section 4779.08 | Administrative rules.
(A) The Ohio occupational therapy, physical therapy, and athletic trainers board shall adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code to carry out the purposes of this chapter, including rules prescribing all of the following:
(1) The form and manner of filing of applications to be admitted to examinations and for licensure and license renewal;
(2) Standards and procedures for formulating, evaluating, approving, and administering licensing examinations or recognizing other entities that conduct examinations;
(3) The form, scoring, and scheduling of licensing examinations;
(4) Fees for examinations and applications for licensure and license renewal;
(5) Fees for approval of continuing education courses;
(6) Procedures for issuance, renewal, suspension, and revocation of licenses and the conduct of disciplinary hearings;
(7) The schedule to be used for biennial renewal of licenses;
(8) Standards of ethical and professional conduct in the practice of orthotics, prosthetics, and pedorthics;
(9) Standards for approving national certification organizations in orthotics, prosthetics, and pedorthics;
(10) Fines for violations of this chapter;
(11) Standards for the recognition and approval of educational programs required for licensure, including standards for approving foreign educational credentials;
(12) Standards for continuing education programs required for license renewal;
(13) The amount, scope, and nature of continuing education activities required for license renewal, including waivers of the continuing education requirements;
(14) Provisions for making available the information described in section 4779.22 of the Revised Code;
(15) Requirements for criminal records checks of applicants under section 4776.03 of the Revised Code;
(16) Requirements for an individual who is not licensed under this chapter to practice prosthetics or orthotics and prosthetics to engage in the 3-D printing of open-source prosthetic kits;
(17) Requirements for an applicant to be eligible for an orthotics, prosthetics, or orthotics and prosthetics license because of the applicant's unique and exceptional qualifications based on the recommendations submitted to the board by the orthotics, prosthetics, and pedorthics advisory council under section 4779.35 of the Revised Code, including standards for satisfactory evidence that demonstrate the applicant's qualifications through the applicant's education, experience, or training.
(B) The board may adopt any other rules necessary for the administration of this chapter.
(C) All fees received by the board under this section shall be deposited in the state treasury to the credit of the occupational licensing and regulatory fund established in section 4743.05 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- March 24, 2008 – House Bill 104 - 127th General Assembly [ View March 24, 2008 Version ]
- January 21, 2018 – Amended by House Bill 49 - 132nd General Assembly [ View January 21, 2018 Version ]
- September 28, 2018 – Amended by House Bill 111 - 132nd General Assembly [ View September 28, 2018 Version ]
- October 17, 2019 – Amended by House Bill 166 - 133rd General Assembly [ View October 17, 2019 Version ]
- April 12, 2021 – Amended by Senate Bill 68 - 133rd General Assembly [ View April 12, 2021 Version ]