Section 4906.06 | Certificate application.
(A) An applicant for a certificate shall file with the office of the chairperson of the power siting board an application, in such form as the board prescribes, containing the following information:
(1) A description of the location and of the major utility facility;
(2) A summary of any studies that have been made by or for the applicant of the environmental impact of the facility;
(3) A statement explaining the need for the facility;
(4) A statement of the reasons why the proposed location is best suited for the facility;
(5) A statement of how the facility fits into the applicant's forecast contained in the report submitted under section 4935.04 of the Revised Code;
(6) Such other information as the applicant may consider relevant or as the board by rule or order may require. Copies of the studies referred to in division (A)(2) of this section shall be filed with the office of the chairperson, if ordered, and shall be available for public inspection.
The application shall be filed not more than five years prior to the planned date of commencement of construction. The five-year period may be waived by the board for good cause shown.
(B) Each application shall be accompanied by proof of service of a copy of such application on the chief executive officer of each municipal corporation and county, and the head of each public agency charged with the duty of protecting the environment or of planning land use, in the area in which any portion of such facility is to be located.
(C) Each applicant within fifteen days after the date of the filing of the application shall give public notice to persons residing in the municipal corporations and counties entitled to receive notice under division (B) of this section, by the publication of a summary of the application in newspapers of general circulation in such area. Proof of such publication shall be filed with the office of the chairperson.
(D) Inadvertent failure of service on, or notice to, any of the persons identified in divisions (B) and (C) of this section may be cured pursuant to orders of the board designed to afford them adequate notice to enable them to participate effectively in the proceeding. In addition, the board, after filing, may require the applicant to serve notice of the application or copies thereof or both upon such other persons, and file proof thereof, as the board considers appropriate.
(E) An application for an amendment of a certificate shall be in such form and contain such information as the board prescribes. Notice of such an application shall be given as required in divisions (B) and (C) of this section.
(F) Each application for certificate or an amendment shall be accompanied by the application fee prescribed by board rule. All application fees, supplemental application fees, and other fees collected by the board shall be deposited in the state treasury to the credit of the power siting board fund, which is hereby created. The chairperson shall administer and authorize expenditures from the fund for any of the purposes of this chapter. If the chairperson determines that moneys credited to the fund from an applicant's fee are not sufficient to pay the board's expenses associated with its review of the application, the chairperson shall request the approval of the controlling board to assess a supplemental application fee upon an applicant to pay anticipated additional expenses associated with the board's review of the application or an amendment to an application. If the chairperson finds that an application fee exceeds the amount needed to pay the board's expenses for review of the application, the chairperson shall cause a refund of the excess amount to be issued to the applicant from the fund.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 10, 2012 – Senate Bill 315 - 129th General Assembly [ View September 10, 2012 Version ]