Section 4906.105 | Report to the general assembly.
The power siting board shall submit a report to the general assembly, not later than December 1, 2021, on whether the current requirements for the planning of the power transmission system and associated facilities investment in this state are cost effective and in the interest of consumers. The board shall hold at least one public meeting before completing the report. The board shall complete the report in consultation with JobsOhio and may consult with or request the assistance of PJM interconnection regional transmission organization, L.L.C., the independent market monitor for PJM interconnection regional transmission organization, L.L.C. and other interested stakeholders, such as transmission owners. The report may include any recommendations for legislative changes to ensure transmission planning is cost effective and in the interest of consumers, including recommendations regarding any of the following:
(A) Whether the definition of a major utility facility should include an electric transmission line of a design capacity at or above sixty-nine kilovolts and associated facilities the costs of which are recovered as a transmission asset by the transmission owners;
(B) Whether the criteria for an accelerated certificate application should be modified;
(C) Whether the certification process is sufficiently transparent;
(D) Whether the board should require the following for, or determine if the following apply to, a transmission project certification application:
(1) That alternative transmission projects were considered;
(2) That the project was competitively bid or compared to the results of a competitive bid;
(3) That the project has been considered in the context of the utility's larger transmission plan;
(4) That the project has been considered in the context of the regional transmission planning process of PJM interconnection regional transmission organization, L.L.C.;
(5) That the project could not have been deferred or redesigned to achieve the same operational result at a lower overall cost;
(6) That the project has provided historical information for an existing transmission project or information for a planned or proposed project.
Last updated May 19, 2021 at 10:06 AM
Available Versions of this Section
- June 30, 2021 – Enacted by House Bill 128 - 134th General Assembly [ View June 30, 2021 Version ]