Section 507.02 | Deputy township fiscal officer.
When a township fiscal officer is unable to carry out the duties of office because of illness, because of entering the military service of the United States, or because the fiscal officer is otherwise incapacitated or disqualified, the board of township trustees shall appoint a deputy fiscal officer, who shall have full power to discharge the duties of the office. The deputy fiscal officer shall serve during the period of time the fiscal officer is absent or incapacitated, or until a successor fiscal officer is elected and qualified. Before entering on the discharge of official duties, the deputy fiscal officer shall give bond, for the faithful discharge of official duties, as required under section 507.03 of the Revised Code. The board shall, by resolution, adjust and determine the compensation of the fiscal officer and deputy fiscal officer. The total compensation of both the fiscal officer and any deputy fiscal officer shall not exceed the sums fixed by section 507.09 of the Revised Code in any one year.
Available Versions of this Section
- December 20, 2005 – Senate Bill 107 - 126th General Assembly [ View December 20, 2005 Version ]
- March 23, 2015 – House Bill 10 - 130th General Assembly [ View March 23, 2015 Version ]
- March 20, 2019 – Amended by House Bill 291 - 132nd General Assembly [ View March 20, 2019 Version ]
- April 6, 2023 – Amended by House Bill 501 - 134th General Assembly [ View April 6, 2023 Version ]
- October 3, 2023 – Amended by House Bill 33 - 135th General Assembly [ View October 3, 2023 Version ]