Section 5103.037 | Appointment of board president, administrator, or officer.
(A) Prior to employing or appointing a person as board president, or as an administrator or officer, an institution or association shall do the following regarding the person:
(1) Request a summary report of a search of the uniform statewide automated child welfare information system in accordance with divisions (A) and (B) of section 5103.18 of the Revised Code;
(2) Request a certified search of the findings for recovery database;
(3) Conduct a database review at the federal web site known as the system for award management;
(4) Conduct a search of the United States department of justice national sex offender public web site.
(B) The institution or association may refuse to hire or appoint a person as board president, or as an administrator or officer as follows:
(1) Based solely on the findings of the summary report described in division (B)(1)(a) of section 5103.18 of the Revised Code or the results of the search described in division (A)(4) of this section;
(2) Based on the results of a certified search or database review described in division (A)(2) or (3) of this section, when considered within the totality of circumstances.
(C) The director of job and family services shall adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code necessary for the implementation and execution of this section.
Available Versions of this Section
- October 17, 2019 – Enacted by House Bill 166, 133rd General Assembly [ View October 17, 2019 Version ]