Section 5104.31 | Eligible providers of services for publicly funded child day-care.
(A) Publicly funded child care may be provided only by the following:
(a) A child day-care center, including a parent cooperative child day-care center;
(b) A type A family day-care home, including a parent cooperative type A family day-care home;
(c) A licensed type B family day-care home.
(2) An in-home aide who has been certified by the county department of job and family services pursuant to section 5104.12 of the Revised Code;
(3) A child day camp approved pursuant to section 5104.22 of the Revised Code;
(4) A licensed preschool program;
(5) A licensed school child program;
(6) A border state child care provider, except that a border state child care provider may provide publicly funded child care only to an individual who resides in an Ohio county that borders the state in which the provider is located.
(B) Publicly funded child day-care may be provided in a child's own home only by an in-home aide.
(C)(1) Except as provided in division (C)(2) of this section, a licensed child care program may provide publicly funded child care only if the program is rated through the step up to quality program established pursuant to section 5104.29 of the Revised Code.
(2) A licensed child care program that is any of the following may provide publicly funded child care without being rated through the step up to quality program:
(a) A program that operates only during the summer and for not more than fifteen consecutive weeks;
(b) A program that operates only during school breaks;
(c) A program that operates only on weekday evenings, weekends, or both;
(d) A program that holds a provisional license issued under section 5104.03 of the Revised Code;
(e) A program that had its step up to quality program rating removed by the department of job and family services within the previous twelve months;
(f) A program that is the subject of a revocation action initiated by the department, but the license has not yet been revoked.
Last updated August 24, 2021 at 2:44 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- January 1, 2014 – Senate Bill 316, 129th General Assembly [ View January 1, 2014 Version ]
- September 29, 2015 – House Bill 64, 131st General Assembly [ View September 29, 2015 Version ]
- October 17, 2019 – Amended by House Bill 166, 133rd General Assembly [ View October 17, 2019 Version ]
- March 27, 2020 – Amended by House Bill 197, 133rd General Assembly [ View March 27, 2020 Version ]
- September 30, 2021 – Amended by House Bill 110, 134th General Assembly [ View September 30, 2021 Version ]