Section 5117.12 | Reporting impact on number of uncollectible accounts and past due residential accounts.
(A) On or before the thirty-first day of August of each year, each energy company shall file a written report with the director of development regarding the impact, if any, of the requirements of division (E) of section 5117.11 of the Revised Code on the number of uncollectible and past due residential accounts for the twelve-month period ending on the preceding thirty-first day of July. The report shall include such information as is prescribed by the director. The information shall be based on actual reviews of residential customer accounts and shall be presented in verifiable form. The director may consult with the public utilities commission and the consumers' counsel in prescribing the contents of such reports and complying with the requirements of division (C)(4) of this section.
(B) Before the thirty-first day of January of each year, the director shall prepare a written report including a final review of the Ohio energy credit program for which applications were required to be mailed or provided by the fifteenth day of June of the second preceding calendar year pursuant to section 5117.03 of the Revised Code and an interim review of the program for which applications were required to be mailed or provided by the fifteenth day of June of the preceding calendar year under such section. On or before the thirty-first day of January of each year, the director shall provide written copies of such report to the speaker of the house of representatives, president of the senate, minority leaders of the house of representatives and senate, chairpersons of the house finance and appropriations committee and senate finance committee, chairpersons of the committees of the house of representatives and senate customarily entrusted with matters concerning public utilities, clerk of the house of representatives, and clerk of the senate.
(C) Each report prepared under division (B) of this section shall include a review of:
(1) Program costs;
(2) The number of persons receiving credits or payments under the program;
(3) Progress in the implementation of any changes in the program made by the general assembly within the period covered by the report;
(4) The impact, if any, of the requirements of division (E) of section 5117.11 of the Revised Code on the number of uncollectible and past due residential accounts of energy companies for the twelve-month period ending on the preceding thirty-first day of July;
(5) The impact of any federal energy assistance programs available to the same groups of people as are eligible for the energy credit program under sections 5117.01 to 5117.12 of the Revised Code, together with any recommendations on modifications that may, because of the federal programs, be needed in the energy credit program;
(6) Any suggestions for improving the program;
(7) Any other matters considered appropriate by the director.
(D) The director shall consult with the auditor of state, energy companies, energy dealers, department of aging, and commission on Hispanic-Latino affairs in the preparation of any report under this section. The director may require information from such agencies for the purpose of preparing such report.
Available Versions of this Section
- July 1, 2000 – Senate Bill 3, 123rd General Assembly [ View July 1, 2000 Version ]