Section 5119.35 | Addiction services requiring certification.
(A) Except as provided in division (B) of this section, no person or government entity shall provide any of the following alcohol and drug addiction services unless the services have been certified under section 5119.36 of the Revised Code:
(1) Withdrawal management addiction services provided in a setting other than an acute care hospital;
(2) Addiction services provided in a residential treatment setting;
(3) Addiction services provided on an outpatient basis.
(B) Division (A) of this section does not apply to either of the following:
(1) An individual who holds a valid license, certificate, or registration issued by this state authorizing the practice of a health care profession that includes the performance of the services described in divisions (A)(1) to (3) of this section, regardless of whether the services are performed as part of a sole proprietorship, partnership, or group practice;
(2) An individual who provides the services described in divisions (A)(1) to (3) of this section as part of an employment or contractual relationship with a hospital outpatient clinic that is accredited by an accreditation agency or organization approved by the director of mental health and addiction services.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2019 – Enacted by House Bill 111 - 132nd General Assembly [ View September 29, 2019 Version ]