Section 5120.65 | Prison nursery program.
(A) The department of rehabilitation and correction may establish in one or more of the institutions for women operated by the department a prison nursery program under which eligible inmates and children born to them while in the custody of the department may reside together in the institution. If the department establishes a prison nursery program in one or more institutions under this section, sections 5120.651 to 5120.657 of the Revised Code apply regarding the program. If the department establishes a prison nursery program and an inmate participates in the program, neither the inmate's participation in the program nor any provision of sections 5120.65 to 5120.657 of the Revised Code affects, modifies, or interferes with the inmate's custodial rights of the child or establishes legal custody of the child with the department.
(1) "Prison nursery program" means the prison nursery program established by the department of rehabilitation and correction under this section, if one is so established.
(2) "Public assistance" has the same meaning as in section 5101.58 of the Revised Code.
(3) "Support" means amounts to be paid under a support order.
(4) "Support order" has the same meaning as in section 3119.01 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 3, 2004 – House Bill 117, 125th General Assembly [ View September 3, 2004 Version ]