Section 5120.652 | Duties of inmate participants.
To participate in the prison nursery program, each eligible inmate selected by the department shall do all the following:
(A) Agree in writing to do all the following:
(1) Comply with any program, educational, counseling, and other requirements established for the program by the department of rehabilitation and correction;
(2) If eligible, have the child participate in the medicaid program or a health insurance program;
(3) Accept the normal risks of childrearing;
(4) Abide by any court decisions regarding the allocation of parental rights and responsibilities with respect to the child.
(B) Assign to the department any rights to support from any other person, excluding support assigned pursuant to section 5107.20 of the Revised Code and medical support assigned pursuant to section 5160.38 of the Revised Code;
(C) Specify with whom the child is to be placed in the event the inmate's participation in the program is terminated for a reason other than release from imprisonment.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2013 – House Bill 59, 130th General Assembly [ View September 29, 2013 Version ]