Section 5123.0424 | Reimbursement of travel expenses of official members of workgroups.
(A) As used in this section:
(1) "Official member" means a member of an official workgroup who was appointed by the director of developmental disabilities.
(2) "Official workgroup" means a workgroup, task force, council, committee, or similar entity that has been established by the director of developmental disabilities under the director's express or implied statutory authority.
(B) Subject to division (C) of this section, the director of developmental disabilities may, at the director's discretion, provide for an official member of an official workgroup to be reimbursed for actual and necessary travel expenses the member incurs in the performance of the member's duties on the workgroup, including attending the workgroup's meetings, if all of the following apply:
(1) The official member serves on the official workgroup as a representative of the families of, or advocates for, individuals with developmental disabilities;
(2) The official member does not receive reimbursement for the travel expenses from any other source;
(3) The official member does not receive wages or other compensation from any other source for performing the member's duties on the official workgroup; and
(4) No statute prohibits official members of the official workgroup from being reimbursed for travel expenses.
(C) The amount the director provides for an official member of an official workgroup to be reimbursed under division (B) of this section shall not exceed the rates the director of budget and management establishes in rules adopted under division (B) of section 126.31 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- October 17, 2019 – Enacted by House Bill 166 - 133rd General Assembly [ View October 17, 2019 Version ]