Section 5123.35 | Ohio developmental disabilities council.
(A) There is hereby created the Ohio developmental disabilities council, which shall serve as an advocate for all persons with developmental disabilities. The council shall act in accordance with the "Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act," 98 Stat. 2662 (1984), 42 U.S.C. 6001, as amended. The governor shall appoint the members of the council in accordance with 42 U.S.C. 6024.
(B) The Ohio developmental disabilities council shall develop the state plan required by federal law as a condition of receiving federal assistance under 42 U.S.C. 6021 to 6030. The department of developmental disabilities, as the state agency selected by the governor for purposes of receiving the federal assistance, shall receive, account for, and disburse funds based on the state plan and shall provide assurances and other administrative support services required as a condition of receiving the federal assistance.
(C) The federal funds may be disbursed through grants to or contracts with persons and government agencies for the provision of necessary or useful goods and services for developmentally disabled persons. The Ohio developmental disabilities council may award the grants or enter into the contracts.
(D) The Ohio developmental disabilities council may award grants to or enter into contracts with a member of the council or an entity that the member represents if all of the following apply:
(1) The member serves on the council as a representative of one of the principal state agencies concerned with services for persons with developmental disabilities as specified in 42 U.S.C. 6024(b)(3), a representative of a university affiliated program as defined in 42 U.S.C. 6001(18), or a representative of the Ohio protection and advocacy system, as defined in section 5123.60 of the Revised Code.
(2) The council determines that the member or the entity the member represents is capable of providing the goods or services specified under the terms of the grant or contract.
(3) The member has not taken part in any discussion or vote of the council related to awarding the grant or entering into the contract, including service as a member of a review panel established by the council to award grants or enter into contracts or to make recommendations with regard to awarding grants or entering into contracts.
(E) A member of the Ohio developmental disabilities council is not in violation of Chapter 102. or section 2921.42 of the Revised Code with regard to receiving a grant or entering into a contract under this section if the requirements of division (D) of this section have been met.
Last updated August 12, 2021 at 11:32 AM
Available Versions of this Section
- October 6, 2009 – Senate Bill 79 - 128th General Assembly [ View October 6, 2009 Version ]
- October 1, 2012 – House Bill 153 - 129th General Assembly [ View October 1, 2012 Version ]
- September 17, 2014 – House Bill 286 - 130th General Assembly [ View September 17, 2014 Version ]
- October 12, 2016 – Amended by House Bill 158 - 131st General Assembly [ View October 12, 2016 Version ]
- September 30, 2021 – Amended by House Bill 110 - 134th General Assembly [ View September 30, 2021 Version ]