Section 5124.194 | Changes to instructions, guidelines, or methodology.
(A) No change that the department of developmental disabilities makes to either of the following is valid unless the change is applied prospectively and the department complies with division (B) of this section:
(1) The department's instructions or guidelines for the resident assessment instrument used to compile or revise assessment data of ICF/IID residents under section 5124.191 of the Revised Code;
(2) The methodology prescribed in rules authorized by division (C)(1)(b) of section 5124.192 of the Revised Code for calculating assessment scores for the medical, behavioral, and adaptive skills domains on the resident assessment instrument.
(B) Before making a change described in division (A) of this section, the department shall do all of the following:
(1) Notify all ICF/IID providers of the proposed change;
(2) Provide representatives of ICF/IID providers an opportunity to provide the department their concerns about, and suggestions to revise, the proposed change;
(3) In the case of a proposed change described in division (A)(2) of this section, determine that the proposed change is consistent with the documentation of ICF/IID staff time that was used to validate the methodology.