Section 5126.0220 | Superintendent of county board - powers and duties.
(A) The superintendent of the county board of developmental disabilities shall do all of the following:
(1) Administer the work of the board, subject to the board's rules;
(2) Recommend to the board the changes necessary to increase the effectiveness of the programs and services offered pursuant to Chapters 3323. and 5126. of the Revised Code;
(3) Employ persons for all positions authorized by the board, approve contracts of employment for management employees that are for a term of one year or less, and approve personnel actions that involve employees in the classified civil service as may be necessary for the work of the board;
(4) Approve compensation for employees within the limits set by the salary schedule and budget set by the board, and ensure that all employees and consultants are properly reimbursed for actual and necessary expenses incurred in the performance of official duties;
(5) Provide consultation to public agencies as defined in division (C) of section 102.01 of the Revised Code, including other county boards of developmental disabilities, and to individuals, agencies, or organizations providing services supported by the board.
(B) The superintendent may authorize the payment of board obligations by the county auditor.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 10, 2012 – House Bill 487, 129th General Assembly [ View September 10, 2012 Version ]