Section 513.172 | Authority for board to form or acquire corporation, LLC, or participate in nonprofit enterprise or venture.
(A) A joint township district hospital board may do either of the following:
(1) Form, or acquire control of, a domestic nonprofit corporation or a domestic nonprofit limited liability company;
(2) Be a partner, member, owner, associate, or participant in a nonprofit enterprise or nonprofit venture.
(B) A joint township district hospital board forming, acquiring, or becoming involved with a nonprofit corporation, limited liability company, enterprise, or venture under division (A) of this section shall do so in furtherance of any of the following:
(1) To support the joint township hospital district's mission;
(2) To provide for any or all health care or medical services, whether inpatient or outpatient services, diagnostic, treatment, care, or rehabilitation services, wellness services, services involving the prevention, detection, and control of disease, home health services or services provided at or through various facilities, education, training, and other necessary and related services for the health professions;
(3) The management or operation of any hospital facility as defined in division (E) of section 140.01 of the Revised Code;
(4) The management, operation, or participation in programs, projects, activities, and services useful to, connected with, supporting, or otherwise related to the health, wellness, and medical services and wellness programs provided in divisions (B)(2) and (3) of this section;
(5) Any other activities that are in furtherance of the joint township hospital district or the persons served by the joint township hospital district or are necessary to perform the joint township hospital district's mission and functions and respond to change in the health care industry as determined by the joint township district hospital board.
(C) A nonprofit corporation, limited liability company, enterprise, or venture that a joint township district hospital board forms, acquires, or becomes involved with under this section shall be considered an entity separate for all purposes from the joint township district hospital, a township, or other public entity and shall not be considered to be an agency, division, or department of a township or other public entity.
Last updated July 14, 2021 at 8:42 AM