Section 5153.175 | Information regarding fitness of day-care license applicant to be provided.
(A) Notwithstanding division (I)(1) of section 2151.421, section 5153.17, and any other section of the Revised Code pertaining to confidentiality, when a public children services agency has determined that child abuse or neglect occurred and that abuse or neglect involves a person who has applied for licensure as a type A family child care home or type B family child care home, the agency shall promptly provide to the department of job and family services any information the agency determines to be relevant for the purpose of evaluating the fitness of the person, including, but not limited to, both of the following:
(1) A summary report of the chronology of abuse and neglect reports made pursuant to section 2151.421 of the Revised Code of which the person is the subject where the agency determined that abuse or neglect occurred and the final disposition of the investigation of the reports or, if the investigations have not been completed, the status of the investigations;
(2) Any underlying documentation concerning those reports.
(B) The agency shall not include in the information provided to the department under division (A) of this section the name of the person or entity that made the report or participated in the making of the report of child abuse or neglect.
(C) Upon provision of information under division (A) of this section, the agency shall notify the department of both of the following:
(1) That the information is confidential;
(2) That unauthorized dissemination of the information is a violation of division (I)(2) of section 2151.421 of the Revised Code and any person who permits or encourages unauthorized dissemination of the information is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree pursuant to section 2151.99 of the Revised Code.
Last updated August 31, 2023 at 11:14 AM
Available Versions of this Section
- January 1, 2014 – Senate Bill 316 - 129th General Assembly [ View January 1, 2014 Version ]
- March 14, 2017 – Amended by House Bill 493 - 131st General Assembly [ View March 14, 2017 Version ]
- October 3, 2023 – Amended by House Bill 33 - 135th General Assembly [ View October 3, 2023 Version ]
- January 1, 2025 – Amended by House Bill 33 - 135th General Assembly [ View January 1, 2025 Version ]