Section 5160.31 | Appeals regarding determination of eligibility for medical assistance program.
(A) A medical assistance recipient may appeal a decision regarding the recipient's eligibility for a medical assistance program or services available to the recipient under a medical assistance program.
(B) Regarding appeals authorized by this section, the department of medicaid shall do one or more of the following:
(1) Administer an appeals process similar to the appeals process established under section 5101.35 of the Revised Code;
(2) Contract with the department of job and family services pursuant to section 5162.35 of the Revised Code to provide for the department of job and family services to hear the appeals in accordance with section 5101.35 of the Revised Code;
(3) Delegate authority to hear appeals to an exchange or exchange appeals entity.
(C) If a medical assistance recipient files an appeal as authorized by this section, the department of medicaid may do either or both of the following:
(1) Take corrective action regarding the matter being appealed before a hearing decision regarding the matter is issued;
(2) If a hearing decision, administrative appeal decision, or court ruling is against the recipient, take action in favor of the recipient despite the contrary decision or ruling, unless, in the case of a court's ruling, the ruling prohibits the department from taking the action.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2013 – House Bill 59 - 130th General Assembly [ View September 29, 2013 Version ]