Section 5164.15 | Mental health services.
(A) As used in this section:
(1) "Community mental health services provider or facility" means a community mental health services provider or facility that has its community mental health services certified by the department of mental health and addiction services under section 5119.36 of the Revised Code or by the department of job and family services under section 5103.03 of the Revised Code.
(2) "Mental health professional" means a person qualified to work with mentally ill persons under the standards established by the director of mental health and addiction services pursuant to section 5119.36 of the Revised Code.
(B) The medicaid program may cover the following mental health services when provided by community mental health services providers or facilities:
(1) Outpatient mental health services, including, but not limited to, preventive, diagnostic, therapeutic, rehabilitative, and palliative interventions rendered to individuals in an individual or group setting by a mental health professional in accordance with a plan of treatment appropriately established, monitored, and reviewed;
(2) Partial-hospitalization mental health services rendered by persons directly supervised by a mental health professional;
(3) Unscheduled, emergency mental health services of a kind ordinarily provided to persons in crisis when rendered by persons supervised by a mental health professional;
(4) Assertive community treatment and intensive home-based mental health services.
(C) The department of medicaid shall enter into a separate contract with the department of mental health and addiction services under section 5162.35 of the Revised Code with regard to the mental health services the medicaid program covers pursuant to this section.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2013 – House Bill 59 - 130th General Assembly [ View September 29, 2013 Version ]