Section 5165.07 | Provider agreement requirements.
(A) Except as provided in section 5165.072 of the Revised Code, the department of medicaid shall enter into a provider agreement with a nursing facility operator who applies, and is eligible, for the provider agreement.
(B) A provider agreement shall require the department to make medicaid payments to the provider in accordance with this chapter for nursing facility services the nursing facility provides to its residents who are medicaid recipients eligible for nursing facility services.
(C) A provider agreement shall require the provider to do all of the following:
(1) Maintain eligibility for the provider agreement as provided in section 5165.06 of the Revised Code;
(2) Keep records relating to a cost reporting period for the greater of seven years after the cost report is filed or, if the department issues an audit report in accordance with section 5165.109 of the Revised Code, six years after all appeal rights relating to the audit report are exhausted;
(3) File reports as required by the department;
(4) Open all records relating to the costs of the nursing facility's services for inspection and audit by the department;
(5) Open its premises for inspection by the department, the department of health, and any other state or local authority having authority to inspect;
(6) Supply to the department such information as it requires concerning the nursing facility's services to residents who are, or are eligible to be, medicaid recipients;
(7) Comply with section 5165.08 of the Revised Code.
(D) A provider agreement may contain other provisions that are consistent with law and considered necessary by the department.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2013 – House Bill 59, 130th General Assembly [ View September 29, 2013 Version ]