Section 5166.11 | Creation of medicaid waiver components for home and community-based services programs.
(A) As used in this section, "Ohio home care program" means the program the department of medicaid administers that provides state plan services and medicaid waiver component services pursuant to rules adopted for the medicaid program and a medicaid waiver that went into effect July 1, 1998.
(B) The department of medicaid may create and administer two or more medicaid waiver components under which home and community-based services are provided to eligible individuals who need the level of care provided by a nursing facility or hospital. In administering the medicaid waiver components, the department may specify the following:
(1) The maximum number of individuals who may be enrolled in each of the medicaid waiver components;
(2) The maximum amount the medicaid program may expend each year for each individual enrolled in the medicaid waiver components;
(3) The maximum amount the medicaid program may expend each year for all individuals enrolled in the medicaid waiver components;
(4) Any other requirements the department selects for the medicaid waiver components.
(D) After the first of any of the medicaid waiver components that the department administers under this section begins to enroll eligible individuals, the department may cease to enroll additional individuals in a medicaid waiver component of the Ohio home care program.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2013 – House Bill 59, 130th General Assembly [ View September 29, 2013 Version ]