Section 5166.304 | Nursing assistance by home care attendants.
(A) A home care attendant may assist a consumer with nursing tasks or self-administration of medication only after the attendant does both of the following:
(1) Subject to division (B) of this section, completes consumer-specific training in how to provide the assistance that the authorizing health care professional authorizes the attendant to provide to the consumer;
(2) At the request of the consumer, consumer's authorized representative, or authorizing health care professional, successfully demonstrates that the attendant has learned how to provide the authorized assistance to the consumer.
(B) The training required by division (A)(1) of this section shall be provided by either of the following:
(1) The authorizing health care professional;
(2) The consumer or consumer's authorized representative in cooperation with the authorizing health care professional.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2013 – House Bill 59, 130th General Assembly [ View September 29, 2013 Version ]