Skip to main content
Back To Top Top Back To Top
The Legislative Service Commission staff updates the Revised Code on an ongoing basis, as it completes its act review of enacted legislation. Updates may be slower during some times of the year, depending on the volume of enacted legislation.

Section 5301.39 | When court to order clerk to make entry on record of mortgage.


The court in which proceedings are commenced, relative to a mortgage or other lien, change of title, or partition of lands, the final judgment, order, or decree in which is to release or declare such mortgage or other lien void, in whole or in part, or require the judicial sale of property included in the mortgage or other lien, in case of failure to pay the amount secured thereby, or when the title has been changed by judgment or decree, or partition made and confirmed between tenants in common, at the rendition of such final judgment, order, or decree, shall make the necessary order for the proper entry of a memorandum, release, or satisfaction, by the clerk of such court, on the record of such mortgage or other lien, and in cases of change of title or partition, for the record of so much of the decree in the records in the office of the county recorder, as is necessary to show such change of title or partition.

In a county in which the county recorder has determined to use the microfilm process as provided by section 9.01 of the Revised Code and has elected to require a separate instrument for satisfactions and other actions affecting mortgages and other liens on real property, the court order for proper entry as referred to in this section, or certified copy thereof, may constitute the separate instrument and shall be recorded according to the type of action involved.

Available Versions of this Section