Section 5301.90 | Amendment or termination of environmental covenant by consent - assignment.
(A) An environmental covenant may be amended or terminated by consent only if the amendment or termination is signed by all of the following:
(1) The applicable agency;
(2) Unless waived by that agency, the current owner of the fee simple of the real property that is subject to the environmental covenant;
(3) Each person that originally signed the environmental covenant unless the person waived in a signed record the right to consent or a court finds that the person no longer exists or cannot be located or identified with the exercise of reasonable diligence;
(4) Except as otherwise provided in division (D)(2) of this section, each holder.
(B) If an interest in real property is subject to an environmental covenant, the interest is not affected by an amendment of the environmental covenant unless the current owner of the interest consents in writing to the amendment or has waived in a signed record the right to consent to amendments.
(C) Except for an assignment undertaken pursuant to a governmental reorganization, assignment of an environmental covenant to a new holder is an amendment of the environmental covenant.
(D) Except as otherwise provided in an environmental covenant, both of the following apply:
(1) A holder may not assign its interest without consent of the other parties to the environmental covenant specified in division (A) of this section.
(2) A holder may be removed and replaced by agreement of the other parties specified in division (A) of this section.
(E) A court of competent jurisdiction may fill a vacancy in the position of holder.
Available Versions of this Section
- December 30, 2004 – House Bill 516, 125th General Assembly [ View December 30, 2004 Version ]