Section 5321.03 | Action for possession by landlord.
(A) Notwithstanding section 5321.02 of the Revised Code, a landlord may bring an action under Chapter 1923. of the Revised Code for possession of the premises if:
(1) The tenant is in default in the payment of rent;
(2) The violation of the applicable building, housing, health, or safety code that the tenant complained of was primarily caused by any act or lack of reasonable care by the tenant, or by any other person in the tenant's household, or by anyone on the premises with the consent of the tenant;
(3) Compliance with the applicable building, housing, health, or safety code would require alteration, remodeling, or demolition of the premises which would effectively deprive the tenant of the use of the dwelling unit;
(4) A tenant is holding over the tenant's term.
(5) The residential premises are located within one thousand feet of any school premises, preschool or child day-care center premises, children's crisis care facility premises, or residential infant care center premises, and both of the following apply regarding the tenant or other occupant who resides in or occupies the premises:
(a) The tenant's or other occupant's name appears on the state registry of sex offenders and child-victim offenders maintained under section 2950.13 of the Revised Code.
(b) The state registry of sex offenders and child-victim offenders indicates that the tenant or other occupant was convicted of or pleaded guilty to a sexually oriented offense or a child-victim oriented offense in a criminal prosecution and was not sentenced to a serious youthful offender dispositional sentence for that offense.
(B) The maintenance of an action by the landlord under this section does not prevent the tenant from recovering damages for any violation by the landlord of the rental agreement or of section 5321.04 of the Revised Code.
(C) This section does not apply to a dwelling unit occupied by a student tenant.
(D) As used in this section, "children's crisis care facility premises" and "residential infant care center premises" have the same meanings as in section 2950.034 of the Revised Code.
Last updated March 21, 2022 at 10:31 AM