Section 5501.56 | System safety program plan.
(A) Each transit agency shall do all of the following:
(1) Develop a system safety program documentation that complies with the safety program documentation standards adopted by the department of transportation under section 5501.55 of the Revised Code and includes standards and laws for the personal safety and security of passengers and employees;
(2) Conduct an annual internal safety audit and submit the audit to the department for input and approval;
(3) Report accidents and hazardous conditions, as defined in the guidelines developed by the director of transportation under section 5501.55 of the Revised Code, to the department within a time period specified by the department;
(4) Minimize, control, correct, or eliminate any identified and investigated hazardous condition within a time period specified by the department and in accordance with a plan approved by the department;
(5) Provide all necessary assistance to the department as required to allow the department to conduct or participate in appropriate on-site investigations of accidents and hazardous conditions or audits at the transit agency.
(B) Any part of a transit agency's system safety program that concerns security for the system is confidential and is not subject to disclosure, inspection, or copying under section 149.43 of the Revised Code. Security information shall be disclosed only at the discretion of the director or as otherwise provided in section 5501.55 of the Revised Code.