Section 5502.702 | Mobile training team officer duties.
(A) As used in this section, "administrator" has the same meaning as in section 5502.262 of the Revised Code.
(B) The duties of the chief mobile training officer include:
(1) Administering the Ohio mobile training team;
(2) Adopting additional qualifications and training requirements for regional mobile training officers appointed under section 5502.70 of the Revised Code;
(3) Enforcing rules and executing additional duties prescribed by the department of public safety.
(C) The duties of a regional mobile training officer include:
(1) Upon request, assisting an administrator within an officer's region in the development or review of an emergency management plan under section 5502.262 of the Revised Code;
(2) Upon request, assisting an administrator of a public or nonpublic school within an officer's region with any other security protocols for activities or events outside of the building during or after school hours;
(3) Upon request, assisting in strategic communications between federal, state, and local law enforcement or agencies in the event of an emergency situation at a school within an officer's region;
(4) Offering tactical emergency medical services training to public and nonpublic schools within an officer's region;
(5) Promoting the use of the SaferOH tip line within an officer's region;
(6) Enforcing rules and executing additional duties prescribed by either the department of public safety or the chief mobile training officer;
(7) Providing instruction and training through the Ohio school safety and crisis center as prescribed in section 5502.703 of the Revised Code;
(8) Overseeing training operations and offering training opportunities for school employees, including observing emergency management tests as described in section 5502.262 of the Revised Code, providing weapons manipulation instruction, and other appropriate activities.
Last updated October 17, 2022 at 11:06 AM
Available Versions of this Section
- September 12, 2022 – Enacted by House Bill 99 - 134th General Assembly [ View September 12, 2022 Version ]