Section 5503.12 | Registrars to collect inspection and testing fees.
(A) The superintendent of the state highway patrol, with the approval of the director of public safety, may authorize the registrar of motor vehicles and designated deputy registrars to collect inspection and testing fees on behalf of the state highway patrol. The superintendent and the registrar jointly shall determine and designate the deputy registrars who shall collect inspection and testing fees under this section.
(B)(1) In addition to collecting the inspection and testing fees, the registrar and each designated deputy registrar may collect and retain a service fee in the amount specified in division (D) of section 4503.10 of the Revised Code for each inspection and testing fee collected on behalf of the state highway patrol.
(2) Each designated deputy registrar, upon receipt of any inspection and testing fee, shall transmit the fees to the registrar in the manner prescribed by the registrar.
(3) The registrar shall deposit the inspection and testing fees collected by and transmitted to the registrar to the credit of the fund specified by law.
(C) The superintendent, with the approval of the director, shall establish appropriate procedures to be used by the registrar and designated deputy registrars for determining proof of payment of inspection and testing fees.
(D) As used in this section, "inspection and testing fees" includes the following:
(2) Fees for testing of commercial driver's license applicants under section 4506.09 of the Revised Code;
(3) Except as may otherwise be specifically provided by law, any statutory fees for similar vehicle inspections or driver testing conducted by the state highway patrol that the superintendent may specify for collection under this section.
Available Versions of this Section
- March 9, 2004 – House Bill 85, 125th General Assembly [ View March 9, 2004 Version ]