Skip to main content
Back To Top Top Back To Top
The Legislative Service Commission staff updates the Revised Code on an ongoing basis, as it completes its act review of enacted legislation. Updates may be slower during some times of the year, depending on the volume of enacted legislation.

Section 5505.19 | Cessation of membership - disposition of accumulations.


Subject to section 5505.26 of the Revised Code, a member of the state highway patrol retirement system who ceases to be an employee of the state highway patrol for any cause except death, disability, or retirement, upon application filed in writing with the state highway patrol retirement board, shall be paid the accumulated contributions, less interest, standing to the credit of the member's individual account in the employees' savings fund.

A member described in this section who is married at the time of application for payment and would be eligible for a pension payable under division (A)(1) or (2) of section 5505.17 of the Revised Code but for a forfeiture ordered under division (A) or (B) of section 2929.192 of the Revised Code shall submit with the application a written statement by the member's spouse attesting that the spouse consents to the payment of the member's accumulated contributions. Consent shall be valid only if it is signed and witnessed by a notary public. The board may waive the requirement of consent if the spouse is incapacitated or cannot be located, or for any other reason specified by the board. Consent or waiver is effective only with regard to the spouse who is the subject of the consent or waiver.

Available Versions of this Section