Skip to main content
Back To Top Top Back To Top
The Legislative Service Commission staff updates the Revised Code on an ongoing basis, as it completes its act review of enacted legislation. Updates may be slower during some times of the year, depending on the volume of enacted legislation.

Section 5545.01 | Commission when fund contributed to assist in highway improvement.


When the board of county commissioners of any county has determined to improve one or more highways within such county, and any person, firm, partnership, corporation, or association desires to contribute a fund for the purpose of assisting in the improvement of such highway, the fund to be not less than ten per cent of the total cost of such improvement, the person, firm, partnership, corporation, or association may apply to a judge of the court of common pleas of the county, who may appoint four suitable and competent freeholders of the county who shall, with the board, constitute a commission for the purpose of the improvement of such road. Such commission shall serve until the completion of the road.

Such commissioners shall receive a reasonable compensation for the time actually employed, to be fixed by such court, and, on its approval, paid from the fund providing for such improvement. Their compensation, in the aggregate, shall not exceed one per cent of the amount received by the county from taxes raised, or for the sale of bonds for the purpose of making such improvement.

Before entering upon the discharge of their duties, each such commissioner shall take an oath of office and give bond for the faithful and honest discharge of his duties, in such amount as required by the court, with sureties approved by it. Such bond shall be delivered to the county treasurer and kept in his office.

The necessary expenses for stationery, postage, correspondence, and other incidental expenses required in the discharge of the duties of the commission, shall be paid from the county treasury on the order of the board and the warrant of the county auditor.

In case of the death, resignation, or removal of any member of the commission so appointed, the vacancy shall be filled by appointment by the judge of the court of common pleas, as provided in this section.

Available Versions of this Section