Section 5736.13 | Funds for receiving, accounting, and distribution of tax revenue.
(A) For the purpose of receiving, accounting for, and distributing revenue received from the tax imposed by section 5736.02 of the Revised Code, the following funds are hereby created in the state treasury:
(1) The petroleum activity tax fund;
(2) The petroleum activity tax administration fund. All amounts credited to the petroleum activity tax administration fund shall be used solely for the purpose of paying the expenses of the department of taxation incident to the administration of the tax imposed by section 5736.02 of the Revised Code.
(3) The petroleum activity tax public highways fund.
(B) All money collected from the tax imposed by section 5736.02 of the Revised Code shall be deposited into the petroleum activity tax fund.
(C) From the petroleum activity tax fund, the director of budget and management shall place to the credit of the tax refund fund established by section 5703.052 of the Revised Code amounts equal to the refunds certified by the tax commissioner pursuant to section 5736.08 of the Revised Code.
(D) Not later than the last day of March, June, September, and December of each year, the director of budget and management shall provide for the transfer of the balance of the petroleum activity tax fund as of the last day of the preceding month, excluding any amounts required to be transferred as provided in division (C) of this section, as follows:
(1) To the petroleum activity tax administration fund, one per cent;
(2) To the petroleum activity tax public highways fund, an amount that bears the same ratio to the balance in the petroleum activity tax fund, after subtracting the amount transferred under division (D)(1) of this section, that (a) the calculated gross receipts attributed to motor fuel used for propelling vehicles on public highways and waterways as indicated by returns filed by the last day of the preceding month, bears to (b) all calculated gross receipts as indicated by those returns;
(3) To the general revenue fund, the amount remaining after the transfers required by divisions (D)(1) and (2) of this section.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 17, 2014 – House Bill 492, 130th General Assembly [ View September 17, 2014 Version ]