Section 5815.41 | Consignment of art works definitions.
(A) "Art dealer" means a person engaged in the business of selling works of art, other than a person exclusively engaged in the business of selling goods at public auction.
(B) "Artist" means the creator of a work of art.
(C) "On consignment" means delivered to an art dealer for the purpose of sale or exhibition, or both, to the public by the art dealer other than at a public auction.
(D) "Work of art" means an original art work that is any of the following:
(1) A visual rendition including, but not limited to, a painting, drawing, sculpture, mosaic, or photograph;
(2) A work of calligraphy;
(3) A work of graphic art, including, but not limited to, an etching, lithograph, offset print, or silk screen;
(4) A craft work in materials, including, but not limited to, clay, textile, fiber, wood, metal, plastic, or glass;
(5) A work in mixed media, including, but not limited to, a collage or a work consisting of any combination of the items listed in divisions (D)(1) to (4) of this section.
Available Versions of this Section
- January 1, 2007 – House Bill 416, 126th General Assembly [ View January 1, 2007 Version ]