Section 5907.18 | Bingo at veterans' homes.
(A) As used in this section, "bingo," "bingo game operator," and "participant" have the same meanings as in section 2915.01 of the Revised Code.
(B) Notwithstanding sections 2915.07 to 2915.13 of the Revised Code, an Ohio veterans' home may conduct bingo games as described in division (O)(1) of section 2915.01 of the Revised Code, but only if the Ohio veterans' home complies with all of the following requirements:
(1) All bingo games are conducted only on the premises of the Ohio veterans' home.
(2) All participants are residents of the Ohio veterans' home and are eighteen years of age or older.
(3) All bingo game operators receive no compensation for serving as an operator.
(4) Participants do not pay any money or any other thing of value, including an admission fee, or any fee for bingo cards or sheets, objects to cover the spaces, or other devices used in playing bingo, for the privilege of participating in the bingo game, or to defray any costs of the game, or pay tips or make donations during or immediately before or after the bingo game.
(5) Prizes awarded during a game may be monetary or nonmonetary prizes in the form of merchandise, goods, or entitlements to goods or services, provided that individual prizes do not exceed one hundred dollars in value, and the total value of all prizes awarded during a game do not exceed five hundred dollars.
(6) The bingo game is not conducted during or within ten hours of any of the following activities conducted at the Ohio veterans' home:
(b) A scheme of chance or game of chance; or
(c) Bingo as described in division (O)(2) of section 2915.01 of the Revised Code.
(7) The bingo games are conducted on different days of the week and not more than twice in a calendar week.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2017 – Enacted by House Bill 49, 132nd General Assembly [ View September 29, 2017 Version ]