Skip to main content
Back To Top Top Back To Top
The Legislative Service Commission staff updates the Revised Code on an ongoing basis, as it completes its act review of enacted legislation. Updates may be slower during some times of the year, depending on the volume of enacted legislation.

Section 6105.134 | Appeal of refusal of consent.


In the event the board of directors of a watershed district, under section 6105.133 of the Revised Code, refuses to give its consent to the construction, change, alteration, relocation, deposit, encroachment, or change of grade in a restricted channel or restricted floodway or makes a part of its consent conditions, regulations, or restrictions not included in the original application for such consent, the person, or governmental agency making the original application for such consent may appeal, on questions of law and fact, from the decision of the board to the court of common pleas of the county in which the structure or obstruction or other works referred to in such application is or is to be located.

Such appeal shall be filed within fifteen days from the receipt of the written notice under section 6105.133 of the Revised Code.

The court shall conduct a hearing on such appeal and shall give it preference over all other civil cases irrespective of their position on the calendar of the court. The hearing shall proceed as in the trial of civil actions.

The court may affirm, reverse, or modify the decision of the board appealed from and the judgment of the court shall be final and conclusive unless reversed, vacated, or modified on appeal. The court shall certify its judgment to the board and upon receipt of such judgment, the board shall take action in accordance with such judgment.

Available Versions of this Section