Section 6111.0382 | Surface water improvement fund.
(A) There is hereby created in the state treasury the surface water improvement fund. The fund shall include, but is not limited to, money derived from any of the following:
(1) Payments, contributions, and donations made to the environmental protection agency for water quality restoration and protection projects;
(2) Payments made under an in-lieu fee mitigation program established by the agency under section 6111.025 of the Revised Code;
(3) Funds for supplemental environmental projects for water quality improvements required by orders of the director of environmental protection, settlement agreements, consent decrees, or court orders;
(4) Mitigation fees for impacts to waters of the state for mitigation not required by the United States environmental protection agency or the United States army corps of engineers.
(B) Money in the fund shall be used by the director to complete water quality protection and restoration projects. The director may enter into contracts and agreements, including grant agreements with federal, state, or local government agencies, environmental nonprofit organizations, and universities, for purposes of those projects.
(C) If the agency becomes an approved sponsor of a federal in-lieu fee mitigation program in accordance with 33 C.F.R. 332, money for the federally approved program may be maintained in the fund, provided that the money is segregated from all other money in the fund.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 5, 2012 – Senate Bill 294 - 129th General Assembly [ View September 5, 2012 Version ]