Section 9.495 | Annual report.
By the first day of September of each year, the attorney general shall submit a report to the president of the senate and the speaker of the house of representatives describing the use of contracts with private attorneys in the preceding fiscal year. The report shall include the following:
(A) Identification of all contracts entered into during the fiscal year and all previously executed contracts that remain current during any part of the fiscal year or that have been closed during any part of the fiscal year, and for each contract a description of all of the following:
(1) The name of the private attorney with whom the state has contracted, including the name of the private attorney's law firm if the private attorney is an individual;
(2) The nature of the legal matter that is the subject of the contract so long as divulging that information would not violate any ethical responsibility of the attorney general or privilege held by the state;
(3) The state entity the private attorney was engaged to represent or counsel;
(4) The total legal fees approved by the attorney general for payment to a private attorney by the state for legal services rendered during the preceding fiscal year.
Available Versions of this Section
- August 12, 2015 – Enacted by Senate Bill 38 - 131st General Assembly [ View August 12, 2015 Version ]