Section 903.07 | Livestock manager certification [see Section 3 of H.B. 363 of the 128th General Assembly].
(A) On and after the date that is established in rules by the director of agriculture, both of the following apply:
(1) The management and handling of manure at a major concentrated animal feeding facility, including the land application of manure or the removal of manure from a manure storage or treatment facility, shall be conducted only by or under the supervision of a person holding a livestock manager certification issued under this section. A person managing or handling manure who is acting under the instructions and control of a person holding a livestock manager certification is considered to be under the supervision of the certificate holder if the certificate holder is responsible for the actions of the person and is available when needed even though the certificate holder is not physically present at the time of the manure management or handling.
(2) No person shall transport and land apply annually or buy, sell, or land apply annually the volume of manure established in rules adopted by the director under division (D)(5) of section 903.10 of the Revised Code unless the person holds a livestock manager certification issued under this section.
(B) The director shall issue a livestock manager certification to a person who has submitted a complete application for certification on a form prescribed and provided by the director, together with the appropriate application fee, and who has completed successfully the required training and has passed the required examination. The director may suspend or revoke a livestock manager certification and may reinstate a suspended or revoked livestock manager certification in accordance with rules.
(C) Information required to be included in an application for a livestock manager certification, the amount of the application fee, requirements regarding training and the examination, requirements governing the management and handling of manure, including the land application of manure, and requirements governing the keeping of records regarding the handling of manure, including the land application of manure, shall be established in rules.
Last updated February 14, 2023 at 2:21 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- December 22, 2009 – House Bill 363 - 128th General Assembly [ View December 22, 2009 Version ]
- September 29, 2015 – Amended by House Bill 64 - 131st General Assembly [ View September 29, 2015 Version ]
- December 29, 2023 – Amended by Senate Bill 131 - 134th General Assembly [ View December 29, 2023 Version ]