Section 905.55 | Label information.
(A) No person shall distribute or sell liming material in packages that do not bear a label in legibly written or printed form that includes the following:
(1) Net weight of contents in pounds as determined by a sealed weighing device;
(2) Product name and type of liming material, which shall include the grade as defined in section 905.54 of the Revised Code, for all except the oxide and hydrate forms;
(3) Name and address of manufacturer, seller, or distributor;
(4) Guaranteed analysis, in whole numbers only, which includes:
(a) The minium percentages of weight of elemental calcium and magnesium;
(b) The total neutralizing power expressed as weight per cent of calcium carbonate, as determined by the methods prescribed by the association of official analytical chemists;
(c) The minimum percentages of weight passing through numbers eight, twenty, sixty, and one hundred United States standard sieves;
(d) The effective neutralizing power expressed on the basis of pounds per ton as a percentage of the fineness index, multiplied by the total neutralizing power and percentage of dry matter.
(B) No person shall sell or distribute liming material in bulk, unless the purchaser is supplied, upon delivery, with a delivery ticket containing the information required in division (A) of this section, and:
(1) The name and address of the purchaser;
(2) The date of sale.
(C) Shipping invoices or notices shall be available for all bulk liming material stored at locations other than a place of manufacture.
Available Versions of this Section
- October 29, 1996 – House Bill 651, 121st General Assembly [ View October 29, 1996 Version ]